Thursday, February 9, 2012

2009 NFL Combine



 **The video says 2008 NFL Combine, it was really the 2009 NFL Combine.

Combine Results
40 yd Dash: 4.87
Bench: 22 reps
Broad Jump: 9'5"
Vert Jump: 35"
20 yd shuttle: 4.33
3 Cone Drill: 7.36
Wonderlic: 18




I find it Ironic that one of the biggest tests in my life didn’t come from a math or science teacher, but came from a numerous coaches that were hand-picked to conduct a selection of exercises and tests; to determine how much of a fit you would be, in their million and sometimes billion dollar organization.

Being around all the top college players you see promoted on TV and espn, was definitely an experience. I will never forget the time I saw Ray Maualuga and nodded was sup to him during one of the meals like I knew him, and he nodded back without hesitation. Then I realized that I only knew him from the TV screen yet I felt like he was one of my boys instinctively. I still laugh at myself for that but it’s always one love with the polys in my mind.

Another moment was when I was eating lunch in a generally close area with about 6 other players, who I didn’t know specifically but I did know their schools (Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State…) and everyone was wearing ID cards on their necks otherwise we’d get ID’d by security every 5 minutes to see if we belonged in that hotel. Well on the back of the ID cards there were times, followed by 2 letters. Everyone was checking there’s and most the guys in our area had one if not any, my roommate had two times and letters by them. As soon as I caught on to what was going on, my roommate asked me how many I had. I said “how many what?” He said, “How many private meetings with teams do you have?” Super nervous because I didn’t think I would have any, I slowly looked down tilting my card, terrified of having to lie, until I saw print. I had 5 time slots.
4:30 SD = Chargers
5:00 AR = Cardinal
6:00 JG = Jaguars
7:30 CB =Bengal
8:00 BB = Bills    
 I went from being nervous to being shy, I remember not wanting others to know how many I had because I didn’t want to see any grown man jealous, its just awkward. So I told my roommate I only had 2 like him.
The meetings were intense, you walk into a room and you see 8-12 people meeting them all at once hearing titles like owner, head coach, Offensive Coordinator, team psychologist, general manager…etc.

The first night over there flu symptoms had hit me hard, I must have stressed out way too much before going to have gotten sick. I ended walking the halls from midnight-2am because my coughing was keeping up my roommate. I ended walking and talking to my wife on my cell phone, telling her all about the cool things I was experiencing. A DR. gave me a z-pack and I was on my way to health once again.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget